Village Education Resource Center (VERC)
- `Strengthen civil society and public institutions to build community resilience to adopt climate change project` is implementing by Village Education Resource Center (VERC) for the period of July 2017 to September 2021 in the area of Rangabali upazila in Patuakhali district. The overall goal of the project is `To build greater community resilience to climate change impacts and natural disaster in climatic and environmentally vulnerable Coastal area in Rangabali Upazila under Patukhali Distract`.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly action plan for the respective working area and staff.
- Provide need based support to the Project Facilitators for smooth and effective implementation of project interventions.
- Provide support to reform or activation of DMCs
- Back up support to the Project Facilitator to form and mobilize various committees and groups.
- To assess union level disaster risks and development and implementation of Risk Reduction Action Plans (RRAPs)
- Lead to conduct Community Risk Assessment and implement Risk Reduction Action Plans
- Provide need based support to the Project Facilitator to identify and selection of the most vulnerable beneficiaries from within the targeted unions.
- Assist to prepare various forms & formats of the project.
- Provide need based support to coordinate and facilitate all kinds of training, workshop, meeting, communicate with resources for getting special type of technical and logistic support
- Master’s degree / Bachelor degree preferably in Social Science/ Environmental Science/ or any other relevant subject
- 4 to 5 year(s)
- Age 25 to 45 year(s)
- Only females are allowed to apply.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English and Bengali.
- Cultural Performance, involvement in Social activities in the student life
- Experience in liaison and networking with regional level GoB, DMCs, NGOs and other development partners
- Good networking skills
- Tk. 20000 – 22000
- Festival allowance and other allowance as per organizational policy
Online Job Posting
Road, Anandapur, Savar, Dhaka-1340.Only female candidates are requested to apply whose are inhabitants in Patuakhali district . Please write the name of the position applied for, at the top right hand corner of the envelop. Only short listed candidates shall be invited for interviews. Any direct or indirect influence will be treated as disqualification for the post.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Apr 21, 2018
Village Education Resource Center (VERC)Address : B-30, Ekhlas Uddin Khan Road, Anandapur, Savar, Dhaka-1340Web : www.vercbd.org
Business : Village Education Resource Center (VERC) is a non-governmental organization which started its journey in 1977 as a collaborative project of Save the Children, USA and UNICEF. It became a legal entity under Society?s Registration Act, in 1981, with the Department of Social Services in 1989 and with the NGO Affairs Bureau, Bangladesh. VERC is working with the poor and marginalize community for their empowerment through improving their situation by attaining self-reliance. It always tries to address the emerging needs of the working communities and collaborates with various local, national and international NGOs and government departments in realizing their common goal of social development. Since inception, VERC is working on different development aspects spreading all over the country. VERC implement its activities systematically in a planned way by consulting the community people and other development partners.