- The Office of Democracy, Human Rights and Governance at USAID/Bangladesh manages programs to promote effective and democratic governance and protect human rights; including working with political parties and civil society to create space for peaceful political expression, ensure transparency and accountability in public institutions, strengthen legislative processes, and improve elections; combating trafficking in persons; and strengthening the capacity of local government to respond to citizen needs. The Office works with Bangladeshi partners in government, other development agencies, and civil society to make significant investments in Bangladesh’s Democracy, Human Rights and Governance sector. The office is staffed by American and Bangladeshi experts in various disciplines of democratic development.
Job Description / Responsibility
- MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The tasks associated with this effort will include the following, but are subject to change based on discussions with the intern supervisors;
- • Assists in preparing program documentation related to proposal review, planning, design, and reporting;
- • Drafts memorandum, correspondence and power point presentations;
- • Assists with interpretation and note-taking during internal meetings and outside events;
- • Assists in compiling and updating field trip schedules and organizing field trips;
- • When possible, assists in drafting trip reports;
- • Assists in the preparation of information packets for meetings and other events;
- • Assists in translating brief documents;
- • Assists the Administrative Assistant and Direct Hire Program Specialists with various filing tasks and logistics;
- • Other duties as assigned based on particular skills and abilities.
- Recent graduates who have completed their study within the previous year (not more than one year after the graduation) and university students who have completed at least three years of their undergraduate program in Public Administration, Development Studies, Economics, Political Sciences, Journalism, Women & Gender Studies, Business or other relevant subjects, in the final year (must have completed at least 3 academic years) of their studies and having CGPA above 3.0 are eligible to apply.
- Experience: Demonstrated interest in governmental affairs, political development, human rights, or civic action and volunteerism.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) in English and Bangla (written and oral) is required. English language proficiency will be tested at the time of selection.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Flexibility, initiative, enthusiasm, good interpersonal skills and lots of energy are also desired. Strong inter-personal skills and ability to articulate how this internship contributes to candidate’s personal and professional development
- Tk. 12800
- Intern will be paid at hourly basis at Tk. 80 per hour. (No work-No pay policy).
Online Job Posting
Application Deadline : Apr 30, 2018
Address : US Embassy, Baridhara, Dhaka
Web : www.usaid.gov/bd
Business : The largest US agency in the US Embassy, Dhaka, Bangladesh