Plan International Bangladesh
Project Manager –GAA
- Project: Girls’ Advocacy Alliance
- Duration of the position up to March 2020.
- Reporting to the Head of Child Rights and Protection, the Project Manager will provide overall technical and managerial leadership, including technical oversight, financial management and internal and external reporting to implement the project.
- H/She will be responsible for implementing the project through partners.
- This position will maintain coordination with Terre des Hommes, Netherlands, the technical advisor of Plan Netherlands, the Dutch Embassy and other alliances/coalitions to achieve the objectives of the project.
- H/She will take forward the GAA national level advocacy with a wide range of CSOs, CSO networks, UN and international organizations to influence the government, private sector, media and communities to end gender-based violence (especially child marriage, sexual harassment, trafficking) and prevent economic exclusion of girls and young women.
- Applicants will be required to have a minimum of a Master’s degree in the Social Sciences from either the top 3 public and top 3 private universities of Bangladesh (preferably in Communications, English, Economics, Law and Sociology).
- At least 10 year(s)
- He/she must have eight to ten years or more of progressive experience in managing high profile, complex projects in the areas of children and women rights and protection, good governance and policy advocacy.
- For effectively carrying out this role, the applicant must be a strategic thinker, have excellent spoken and written command over English and a firm grasp over human rights and the policy and law formulation processes.
- Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the qualified and deserving candidate
Online Job Posting
Plan International Bangladesh is committed to ending gender inequality, and achieving a gender balanced workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Those who have applied before need not apply. We are an equal opportunities employer
Plan International BangladeshBusiness : Founded 78 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children`s development organizations in the world. We work in 52 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan International worked with 100 million children in 85,282 communities. Plan International is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations but having a vision of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people`s rights and dignity.
Plan International has been operating in Bangladesh since 1994. Plan International seeks to ensure the rights of children to education, health, safe water and sanitation, protection, youth social and economic empowerment and climate change, environmental degradation and natural or man-made disaster hazards throughout the country