MSF Belgium (Medecins Sans Frontieres / Doctors Without Borders)
- Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organisation working in many countries worldwide. MSF has been working in Bangladesh since 1992. MSF was awarded the prestigious `Nobel Peace Prize` in 1999 for its pioneering humanitarian activities since 1971 across several continents.
- MSF has an immediate opening for FINANCE & ADMIN. ASSISTANT in Ukhiya – Rubber Garden MSF health facilities.
Job Description / Responsibility
- MAIN REASON FOR THE POSITION
- Assisting the Finance / Administrative manager in the implementation and follow-up of the finance activities of the project, while executing the accountancy and payment related tasks for the project, according to MSF policies, standards and procedures in order to ensure documentary traceability as well as compliance with local labor and fiscal regulations.
- BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
- • Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- • Supporting the Fin/Admin manager with delegated tasks to ensure proper management in the Project (budget, accounting, treasury, reporting, donors, auditing procedures, legal financial obligations, etc.) including the translation of documents and assisting in meetings upon request.
- • Keeping updated on local laws and regulations and informing the Fin/Admin manager of any changes or misalignment with the practices in place. Ensuring respect and strict compliance to MSF standards (chart of accounts, quality of documents, guidelines, expense validation procedures, cash security rules, etc.)
- • Processing payments, ensuring that receipts and supporting documents meet the necessary quality standards.
- • Filing and/or scanning hard copies of documents, entering information in the accounting software and performing monthly closing procedures for the journals under his/her responsibility.
- • Following up on rental/service contracts and insurances dates and informing the Fin/ Admin manager on time to organize payments and renewals.
- • Make sure all calculations regarding Tax are properly calculated and applied in order to meet legal requirements of the country Taxation law.
- • Assist the Fin/ Admin manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- • Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Desirable finance, business or administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in a similar position.
- Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- At least 2 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Accounts, Finance, Internal Audit, Tax (VAT/ Customs Duty/ Income Tax), Strategic Planning, Cash Management
- Linguistic competence: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Bengali
- IT skills: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Skills required: Results ; Teamwork ; Flexibility ; Commitment ; Stress Management
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
Online Job Posting
Write: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT in subject of your email or on the envelope
Application Deadline : Apr 17, 2018
MSF Belgium (Medecins Sans Frontieres / Doctors Without Borders)Address : MSF BelgiumWeb : www.msf.org
Business : Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization working in many countries worldwide. MSF has been working in Bangladesh since 1992. MSF was awarded the prestigious `Nobel Peace Prize` in 1999 for its pioneering humanitarian activities since 1971 in several continents