Medecins Sans Frontieres/ Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
Watsan – Borehole Drilling Supervisor
- Main Purpose: To supervise the digging and construction of boreholes within the mega camp.
- To select sites to construct the borehole
- To allocate watsan assistants to boreholes, managing resources to maximize borehole production while maintaining high quality.
- To provide support during assessments to identify new areas to construct boreholes and the extent of the need.
- Human Resources Management:
- To functionally and to a certain extent hierarchically supervise watsan personnel: recruitment, coaching and training, perform job appraisals, monitor progress, assure presence through rotation schedules, and holiday and absence planning, etc
- To provide daily, weekly and monthly reports, as required, to the watsan manager.
- To communicate any emergency issues immediately with the watsan manager
- To be the point of contact for contractors, to continuously review their work to produce high quality boreholes. Communicate the needs of the watsan manager to the contractors, and support the decisions of the watsan manager.
- Hydro geology study.
- At least 2 year(s)
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Experience: Demonstrable experience in supervising, training and coaching others.
- Language: Good command of English, Chittahgonian, Bangali
- Ability to identify and justify future site location
- Ability to manage contractors to maintain good value for money for MSF
- Ability to collect and analyze data using different sampling methods
- Ability to cope with stress
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate
- Good communication skills
- User level knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
Online Job Posting
Read Before Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews/testing.
Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents.
No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
No monetary, goods or service offers, nor favoritism, will be tolerated in a recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the justice system. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts and will stop collaboration with any workers involved in such acts.
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Include the positon you are applying for (Watsan – Borehole Drilling Supervisor) and your name clearly written on the front of the envelope. Deliver to:
MSF KTP Office: Mohoripara- beside Nurul Islam Chowdhury Technical College, Ukhiya
MSF BKL Office: Shoma Bhila, Faliapara Road, Ukhiya
MSF Cox`s Bazar Office: Simon Pink Pearl Building, behind Muhammadia Guest House, Kolatali, Cox`s Bazar
Medecins Sans Frontieres/ Doctors Without Borders (MSF)Address : MSF-OCA, House-102, Road-13/C, Block-E, Banani, Dhaka-1213Business : Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization working in many countries worldwide. MSF has been working in Bangladesh since 1992. MSF was awarded the prestigious `Nobel Peace Prize` in 1999 for its pioneering humanitarian activities since 1971 in several continents.