handicap international (humanity & inclusion) in Bangladesh
- Since 1993, HI provided logistic services to the humanitarian actors responding to crises in 15 different countries through its logistics project called Atlas Logistique unit, with the objective to improve the access to humanitarian relief for vulnerable individuals.
- After a field assessment by HI`s logistics platform experts in Cox`s Bazar District in October 2017, and link with the logistics cluster, HI is setting up a comprehensive logistics platform project including 3 free services: transport in Cox`s Bazar District, a two storage and kitting area in Unchiprang and Teknaf, for INGOs, LNGOs and UN agencies.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Global objectives:
- Supporting the Project Manager in the operational implementation of transport, packaging and storage services
- Specific objectives:
- RESPONSIBILITY 1: ENSURING THE OPERATIONAL IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SERVICES
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, planning the operations and the implementation of activities, in accordance with NGO’s requests (non-exhaustive list includes the planning of the storage, kitting and transportation activities);
- Participating in the development of new services in line with the orientations given by the Atlas Logistique Project Manager;
- Ensuring that the operational implementation of the project achieved the objectives set by the Project manager;
- Evaluating the respond and the quality of the services of transport, storage and repacking;
- Implements continuous actions to improve the quality of service;
- Helping the Project Manager to design and improve tools and documents on transport, storage and repacking activities for knowledge capitalisation purposes.;
- Assisting the Project Manager to carry out market surveys, quotation and negotiations with transporter;
- Participating in the security management (prevention of work accident, context analysis…) under the supervision of Project Manager.
- RESPONSIBILITY 2: MANAGING THE OPERATIONAL TEAM
- Managing your operational Atlas Logistique team under your responsibility (storekeeper, transport Assistant);
- Conducting support missions (training, mentoring, support, recruitment, internal audit, handovers);
- Enforcing compliance with adapted purchasing procedures and operational formats for the project at the launch stage of activities;
- Having a good understanding of the Projet indicators and supporting the Project Manager in the follow up of the latter;
- Ensuring the good accountability of process documents and ensuring the accuracy of information;
- With the operational team, assisting the Platform Administrator to archive the different folders by setting up trainings and use of operational documents (waybill, bin cards, etc.);
- Providing temporary cover for posts according to established terms of reference;
- Ensuring good communication-coordination-information with and between members of the team;
- Supporting your operational team with drafting their action plans and establishing their objectives;
- Following and actively participating in the professional and personal development of members of your team;
- Wherever possible, ensuring training for your teams and the transfer of skills in areas linked to their positions;
- Resolving conflicts within the team;
- Ensuring your teams understand and apply HI’s internal regulations and institutional policies (anti-corruption, PEAS, Child protection, security, gender);
- Ensuring proper logistical management of the operational team in close collaboration with the support services.
- Responsibility 3: Communicating on the Atlas project
- With delegated authority from the Project Manager, representing Atlas Logistique during HI internal meetings;
- Ensuring that the flow of information between the different project and support departments is smooth and efficient;
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, establishing contacts and operational links with the local authorities, transporters, daily workers, humanitarian stakeholders etc. and communicating about Altas activities;
- With delegated authority from the Project Manager, representing the organisation in your thematic field in the project’s area of intervention and help ensuring that HI is seen as a key player in the sector;
- Producing regular activity reports for your Project Manager;
- Helping the NGOs offering the appropriate logistic actions and proposing the best solution in terms of storage and transport;
- Ensuring that communication with partners is in line with the Project Manager’s strategy;
- Participating in regular meetings with carriers;
- Participating in conveying a professional and cordial image to partners and carriers.
- Supply Chain diploma or Business Administration (2 years’ higher education)
- At least 2 year(s)
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Tk. 39000 – 48000
- As per organizational policy.
Online Job Posting
Online Job Posting
HI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Any sort of persuasion by person, phone, email or other means in this regard will automatically disqualify the candidate.
The selected employee should clearly understand that all final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful reference check, pre- employment screening will be performed for all selected applicants.
Application Deadline : May 15, 2018
handicap international (humanity & inclusion) in BangladeshAddress : House # SW (F) 1/A, Road # 04, Gulshan – 1, Dhaka-1212.Business : handicap international (humanity & inclusion) is an independent international aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We are currently operating in over 60 countries and have more than 3500 employees worldwide.
Over the years, our organisation has developed considerable expertise and a wide range of activities for addressing the essential needs of people with disabilities and other vulnerable people, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.