Job Description / Responsibility
- Manage and support the process of selecting suppliers and services for all phases of the logistics operations.
- Resolve complex delivery, quality or other related problems with manufacturers and suppliers. Represent the Company to meet contractual requirements. Understand and require contractors to meet all applicable environmental and safety standards.
- Working experience in mother vessel / shipping company / international freight forwarding including inland lighter vessel operations, billing, transshipments works etc.
- Monitor the transport movement of the factories and streamline the transport policy in order to smooth movement and oversee the return trip to make the transport department cost effective. Overseeing the driver management, fuel management and etc.
- Gather information on potential transport delays/port congestion. Take initiative to reduce the demurrage for unusual delay at the anchor.
- Coordinate with Vessel Agents for prompt berthing and smooth load/discharge operations.
- Oversee that proper documents are received and submitted to local authorities to ensure no delays in cargo clearance and vessel loading/discharging arrangements.
- Read lighter cargoes documents that set forth cargo loading and securing procedures, capacities, and stability factors to ascertain cargo capabilities.
- Ascertain logistics reporting and monitoring of dispatches and deliveries and quality control, if required.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Maintain liaison with the WTC water transport cell (WTC), BIWTC, BIWTA, for the smooth conduct of the in time lightering at the raw material discharge.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, and reuse.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers.
- Masters in any discipline. MBA Majoring in Supply Chain Management/Post Graduate diploma in Supply Chain Management is preferred.
- At least 10 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Supply Chain, Logistic
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Group of Companies
- Working experienced in International freight forwarding company will get preference.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant logistics & supply Chain experience in group of companies
- Should have Berge and transport handling capacity of a large group of company.
- Must be a leader, good communicator and practice effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be a good negotiator to act as intermediary between suppliers and user groups.
- Must be analytical, organized and efficient.
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to adapt to changing job priorities and goals.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Application Deadline : Mar 31, 2018
Deshbandhu GroupAddress : Deshbandhu Group, Mostafa Centre, House # 59, Road # 27, Block # K, Banani, Dhaka-1213, BangladeshWeb : www.deshbandhugroup.com.bd
Business : The Group is engaged in manufacturing and marketing of Refined Sugar, PP Woven Bag, Cement, Ship Management, Automatic Rice Milling, Newspaper publications, Woven Sweater Manufacturing, Power Generation, Real Estate Development and Trading of Bulk Commodities.