Danish Refugee Council
Receptionist & Administration Assistant
- Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a Receptionist & Administration Assistant to coordinate the front office and control the entrance for all visitors to the office. Responsible to assist Admin Officer for ensuring office administrative requirements.
- ABOUT THE JOB
- The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened up a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
- Welcome visitor; ensuring the visitor’s book is signed; and direct the visitor to the office.
- Make sure all entrance gates are locked all the time.
- Support the Administration Officer in making flight and hotel bookings for staff and DRC guests, also provide them support for vehicle arrangement.
- Daily update DRC staff departure and arrival information in movement tracker.
- Maintaining an updated address and phone list of all DRC Bangladesh staff.
- Booking Hotel accommodation and Conference hall for DRC staff and meetings, Recording and updating them in DRC Tracker.
- Ensure that all important & updated announcements are displayed in the notice board.
- Maintain records of daily attendance of two cleaners assigned for office & apartments. Guide cleaners and follow-up to make sure the cleaning is upto standard and that all the required cleaning items are available for daily use both in the apartments and office premises.
- In close collaboration with Admin Officer, ensure all cleaning tools are in place at office and apartments at all times.
- Maintain kitchen area and ensure its kept hygienically clean on daily basis.
- Develop and maintain well-organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the line manager.
- Key Deliverables:
- Visitor management & office entrance control.
- Manage DRC staff movements and relevant issues.
- Guide the cleaners & ensure logistics for them.
- Systematic onboarding of all new staff.
- Organized filling system.
- University degree with a focus on business administration and/or human resources management, or similar field.
- At least 2 year(s)
- At least two year of work experience in professional settings
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in multi-cultural work settings
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Can speak & write Bangla
- IN THIS POSITION, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC’ FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Tk. 39530 (Monthly)
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Bangladesh
Online Job Posting
Read Before Apply
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.