DanChurch Aid, Bangladesh office
- Contract duration: The contract period is 6 months and the position is subject to funding.
- Program: Rohingya Refugee Program
- Contract duration: 6 Months and the position is subject to funding
- Purpose of the job:
- The WGSS Team Leader will have overall responsibility for the centers of Women and Girls Safe Space located in Rohingya Makeshift Settlement areas in Cox`s Bazar. She will oversee functions of the WGSS centers and provide guidance support to team. She will provide guidance support on individuals through recreational activities, case management, and group-based psychosocial activities for survivors of Gender Based Violence (GBV). She will also build linkages with the other stakeholders.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Planning and implementation:
- Work closely with the team to design activities that respond to identified needs.
- Prepare and maintain/update detailed work plan(s) that support and achieve activities.
- Provide support and technical and management advice to the project implementation to the programme team to ensure that the SSWG centres’ activities are implemented according to guidelines and donor requirements.
- Visit SSWG operations on a regular basis and provide constructive feedback and suggestions to the team.
- Monitor timely implementation of the SSWG activities.
- Arrange capacity building events for the project team members.
- Oversee and provide guidance for age appropriate and relevant psychosocial activities for women and adolescent girls.
- Coordination and collaboration:
- Participate in related coordination meetings at local level.
- Build networks with local service providing agencies, civil society and likeminded organizations and INGOs in operational areas.
- Interact with relevant government agencies and other organization for further coordination of the WGSS activities.
- Report project progress and monitor project activities:
- Prepare regular situation update reports of WGSS centers.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly progress report.
- Organize and participate in frequent and regular monitoring visits including with donors, if required.
- Co-facilitate project review workshop in coordination with project team members.
- Monitor data collection to ensure that staff collect data in safe and ethical ways.
- Staff Supervision & Development:
- Supervise the WGSS center’s team.
- Hold regular planning and debriefing sessions with team members at community based safe spaces.
- Mentor and support staff professional development and foster a positive team spirit to encourage innovative and quality programming.
- Accountability and Core Humanitarian Standard:
- Be familiar with accountability and Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS). monitoring and reporting of complaints and feedback as per DCA complaints mechanism policy.
- Staff Management:
- Provide regular supervision, mentoring, guidance and required training to staff. Conduct their evaluation as per the DCA policy. Ensure that all frontline staff understands code of conducts also ensure policy compliances.
- Postgraduate in psychology, women’s studies, social work or public health.
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in Protection or GBV Emergency Response works required
- Field experience with NGO required; knowledge of Rohingya Refugee crisis preferred
- Experience of supervising field staff required
- Good working knowledge of the language spoken by Rohingya people.
- Experience on counseling and training for survivors of abuse or violence and implementing activities for women and girls or proven engagement in women’s rights/groups.
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Experience working in emergency responses targeting vulnerable women and girls.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for beneficiaries.
- Experience facilitating trainings and workshops and mentoring others.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with survivors of all ages, background and diversity.
- Experience in writing brief narrative reports
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Fluency in Bengali and English required.
Online Job Posting
To apply for this position, please use this link: https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/national-vancancies/women-and-girls-safe-space-wgss-team-leader
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
The candidate must have personal commitment to social equity and equal rights and opportunities and adhere to the staff policies of DCA on Sexual Harassment and Anti-Corruption. DCA needs people with excellent interpersonal communication skills and a good team spirit. Willingness to be flexible is essential. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA promotes equal opportunities for women and men from different caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds and encourages them to apply for these posts within DCA.
Application Deadline : May 21, 2018
DanChurch Aid, Bangladesh officeBusiness : DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary organization. We work for the poor, vulnerable and socially excluded communities and believe in life before death. Our everyday work with development and relief aid strives to help the oppressed, neglected and marginalized groups in our focus countries in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa to strengthen their possibilities of a life in dignity. In Bangladesh, we are involved in several thematic areas with our work focusing on resilient livelihoods/economic empowerment and humanitarian relief and DRR.