Concerned Women for Family Development [CWFD]
Accounts and Administrative Officer
- CWFD emerged from an emotional response to help women in need of reproductive health care counseling. The organization, originally named as `Concerned Women for Family Planning (CWFP), started its voluntary activities in 1974 to help the refuge coming to Dhaka city after the devastating famine of 1974. The organization was registered in 1975 with Directorate of Social welfare and formally launched its project activities in 1976 with only 5 female staff to cover an area of Dhaka city slum comprising around 50,000 people.
- Vision Statement: To empower women of Bangladesh to achieve better status within the family and society.
- Mission Statement: CWFD is a non-political, non-profit voluntary organization run by women of Bangladesh to support, promote and protect the interest of women in Bangladesh by providing community based health care, empower community to exercise their rights to eliminate social injustice, creating economic opportunities, empower under privileged youth of urban and rural population and develop human resources for a positive social change.
- Project background:Concerned Women for Family Development (CWFD) has been implementing “Improving Community Toilets for Increased Human Dignity and Better Public Health (ICTIHDBPH) project in Dhaka South City Corporation to contribute to the national goal related to environmental health and improve human well-being and dignity of the urban poor through ensuring improved sanitation,access to safe drinking water and adoption of desired hygiene practices.The major area of interventions of this project is capacity development, safe drinking water supply, environmental sanitation, hygiene promotion/ BCC, advocacy and networking. `Public toilet” is one of the key elements of this project to ensure the environmental sanitation.
- Duty station: Project Headquarter
- Job Location: Dhaka (This is a city based position and s/he should spend about 50% time in the field.)
- Job duration: Up to March 31, 2020
- Line of responsibility: The Accounts and Administrative Officer is directly reportable to the Project Manager/ Deputy Executive Director.
- This position will be responsible for overall administrative and financial management of the project and will be reportable to Project Manager/ Deputy Executive Director and he/she will supervise the support staffs for their day to activities. The Accounts and Administrative Officer will be mainly responsible for budget preparation, procurement process following organizational policies, preparing monthly financial reports and other administrative issues.
- Budget preparation and controlling.
- Maintain the rules and regulation of organization financial manuals.
- Core responsibility of each transaction and documentation of each and every financial activity.
- Field visit to monitor and verify the financial expenses.
- Prepare fund request, bank reconciliation, maintaining accounting system, check and adjustment of different bills.
- Prepare quarterly/annually budget and required fund request following the project guideline and ensure submission in time.
- FINANCIAL COST MANAGEMENT
- Ensure the financial reporting in time or on demand of donor.
- Required to maintain accurate and up-to-date accounts for all activities and ensure the systems, practices and culture for transparent financial record-keeping.
- Adequate preservation of financial documents throughout the contract period.
- Assist internal & external audit team.
- Up to date preservation of staff information and related documents.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly and annual financial reports following the project guideline and ensure submission in time.
- Procurement and inventory.
- Follow the procurement policy of the organization and preserve all relevant documents of procurements.
- Ensure logistics support for the project staff for smooth implementation of project activities.
- Ensure verification of the challan/bill.
- Maintain the inventory of the project assets, furniture and fixtures and update regularly.
- Ensure timely plan for procurement and complete all procurements according to policy.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES
- Preserve all relevant documents consulting with Project Manager.
- Plan effectively for security of the office.
- Ensure security of project assets and properties.
- Masters in commerce, preferably in Accounting/ Finance
- At least 3 year(s)
- Minimum 3 years working experiences preferably in NGO sector of which 2 years comply with donor compliance and financial guideline.
- Excellent command over MS Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Tk. 30000 (Monthly)
Online Job Posting
Read Before Apply
Potential female candidates will be given preference.
Concerned Women for Family Development [CWFD]Address : House-16 & 18, Road-01, Block-E, Banasree Housing Society, Rampura, Dhaka-1219.Web : www.cwfd.org