- Job Duration: up to 30 November 2021
- Job Description: Click here to download.
Job Description / Responsibility
- The Technical Coordinator responsible for providing technical supervision and guidance on the quality of work on WASH technological options at all stages of the project management cycles. She/he is responsible for achieving the program objectives and outcomes of WASH interventions engaging with relevant local and national level stakeholders in the WASH sector. The Technical Coordinator- WASH is also responsible for the capacity building on the technical issues of WASH interventions for the partners and Concern project staff; supporting humanitarian needs in evolving situations; context analysis to contribute in the WASH sector for future development programs in a coordinated and integrated approach.
- Major areas of responsibility:
- Initiate and coordinate all the technical activities with the partners and local authorities and other relevant agencies engaged in the WASH sector at national level and across the context ( urban, coastal, char & Haor) based project/programme;
- Leading in the WASH analysis across contexts and support in program designing through knowledge base contribution on updated technical analysis, good practices, innovation and internal & external learnings ;
- Developing Protocol and procedures of water and sanitation options for Concern WASH Program;
- Providing technical support in Disaster Management and Rehabilitation activities;
- Engaging at the national level policy makers in appropriate WASH technology model and influence budget allocations in the sector for replicating the innovative model in hard to reach areas;
- Actively engage with Water and Sewerage Supply Authority (WASA) and other influential sectoral actors in WASH, explore feasible water and sanitation solutions and influence pro-poor investment to benefit the urban extreme poor living in the squatters and undeveloped slums.
- Supporting the Advocacy Unit in developing advocacy strategy with local government and other relevant stakeholders to ensure WASH rights as stipulated in national policies & guidelines are adhered.
- Contribute to the process of implementing quality programmes by ensure that the HAP standard of accountability is conceptualized and effectively implemented throughout the organisation, and at the country programme level.
- Work closely with context program to carry out capacity building assessment of partners and other relevant stakeholders and extend coaching and mentoring support to meet their needs
- A Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering with 5 (five) years of progressive working experience in Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) projects or Diploma in Engineering with at least 07 (seven) years of experiences in WASH.
- At least 5 year(s)
- At least 05 years progressively responsible experience in providing technical guidance and support to the program and/or at organizational levels in implementation, monitoring and reporting WASH projects.
- Substantive working experience on advocacy , technological solutions and capacity building on wide range of WASH issues in urban particularly for urban extreme poor (e.g. pavement dweller, squatter & undeveloped slum)
- Experience in the design and construction of WASH infrastructure in both urban & rural area
- Experience in the supervision and management through extensive field visits in difficult geographical project locations
- Experience in developing and piloting of water technology/models for hard to reach areas including urban
- Working experience on partnership with wide range of organization (NGO, network/platform/forum, consortia, campaign partner etc. within both funding & non-funding relationship is an advantage.
- Must have good networking relationship with range of Government, UN, INGO agencies and other WaSH stakeholders.
- Good understanding of water contamination factors, water testing protocols and hygiene strategies.
- Experience on training module development and training facilitation skills are essential.
- Proficient knowledge of standard computer software (MS word, Excel and project management software)
- As per organization`s policy
Online Job Posting
Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion. Anyone working for Concern must agree to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the Concern Staff Code of Conduct, Programme Participant Protection Policy and other relevant policies . Each of which is intended to ensure the appropriate behavior of Concern staff and ensure the maximum protection of programme participants including children. As per Concern policy, any staff member can be assigned to emergency response at any time.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this position, the selected candidate will be required to join within a short notice.
Please mark the position applied for on the envelope OR in the email subject line.
Any canvassing will result in disqualification.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Application Deadline : Apr 17, 2018
Concern WorldwideBusiness : Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world`s poorest countries. With its head quarter in Ireland, Concern has been working in Bangladesh since 1972.