- Contract Status: Fixed Term (2) Two Years till 31st March 2020
Job Description / Responsibility
- The Communications officer will be responsible to raise Christian Aid’s profile through effective content management of the Rohingya Crisis Response programme as well as all other programmes like the humanitarian response, and Gender focused programs within the country. The role holder will identify and share best stories, case studies that show how Christian Aid Bangladesh and partners are changing lives of the poor and marginalised through its programmes. The post holder will write, edit and commission a varied mix of content including case studies, interviews, blogs, photos and films in line with CA’s communication guideline and the Rohingya Crisis Response programme communication strategy for dissemination to show the value and impact of the Programme. The role works within the Bangladesh Country team and will be line managed by the Emergency Response Manager, working with the program team to ensure proper and adequate communication of projects activities in-line with CA Communication guide lines. Develop and adapt approaches to disseminate programme results and impact to communities, partners, government and other development actors.
- The incumbent is expected to possess a graduate degree or equivalent in mass communication, social science or its equivalent from any reputed university.
- We are looking for a candidate with a high level of commitment to communication management. S/he should have substantial and relevant experience in communications in the field of humanitarian response, disaster risk reduction or disaster preparedness programming. The role is a key in providing the core team a structured communication management system and work with the programme team to ensure partnerships and programmes are managed effectively. The candidate should possess excellent time and project management skills, coupled with high level of multi-tasking and situational awareness. You should have good editorial skills, high proficiency in written/spoken English and ability to translate complexities into material that is compelling, jargon-free and accessible.
- BDT 14,26,861/- to BDT 16,85,380/- gross per annum + medical reimbursement, provident fund, gratuity and medical insurance.
Online Job Posting
Please show your suitability for this post by giving answers to the following questions: Using the guideline notes in the application pack may help you formulate your answers
Tell us about a time when you actively consulted with others to ensure that you understood their needs or goals before taking action
Give us an example of a time when you communicated something complex in a way that could be easily understood by others
Please tell us about a time when you were able to take action to end or reduce the inefficient use of resources
You will require current and valid permission to work in the country where the position is based.
We value the contribution each person makes to the success of our organization, so you can expect a range of rewards and benefits that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Please note CVs will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 20th June 2018, please assume your application was unsuccessful.
How to Apply
To apply for this post and download detailed role profile logon to: https://jobs.christianaid.org.uk/vacancy/communications-officer-1848/1866/description/ and complete the online application. For queries related to the role and online applications please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planned Interview date:
Christian Aid values diversity and aspires to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of caste, race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We encourage applications from socially excluded communities, i.e SC, ST, religious minorities, people living with disabilities and especially women candidates to apply.
Application Deadline : Apr 26, 2018
Christian AidBusiness : NGO