Business Finance for the Poor In Bangladesh
- Project: Business Finance for the Poor in Bangladesh (BFP-B)
- Contract start date: 15 April 2018 (To be confirmed)
- Contract end date: 14 April 2019 (subject to further extension depending on approval of DFID).
- Duration of Initial Contract: 160 days (from 15 April 2018 to 14 April 2019)
- Type of involvement: Intermittent
- Reports to:
- BFP-B Policy Manager
- BFP-B Team Leader
- Supervises: None
- Background and Context of the Assignment
- The Policy Component of BFP-B Project has completed 5 studies and came forward with 51 recommendations. The rest of the 3 policy studies are on-going. Now BFP-B is prioritising some policy recommendations through consultation with the regulators and other stakeholders. The policy recommendations will be prioritised by considering the quick wins within the project period and which will have significant impact on access to finance of MSEs. As part of policy advocacy BFP-B has already developed partnership with the champions in the financial and Microfinance sector to influence the policy makers and regulators to implement prioritised policy recommendations. BFP-B has already developed partnership with 5 organisations. BFP-B will also develop partnership with 3 new organisations. The key activities of partnership include policy advocacy with the policy makers and regulators, knowledge dissemination through organising thematic consultation seminars/workshops/dialogues/meetings, organise Television Talk show, organise Roundtable through partnership with newspaper, follow-up the outcomes of the events, event management and capacity building of the regulators and financial service providers.
- Aim of role:
- The aim of the role is to contribute to delivering implementation of 6 policy recommendations among by regulators and Ministries.
- Purpose of the role:
- The purpose of the role is to manage agreements with strategic partners to deliver targeted advocacy strategies for the adoption and implementation of 6 policy recommendations.
Job Description / Responsibility
- The Partnership Management Consultant will work with the Policy Coordinator, Policy Manager, and Team Leader for guidance, partnership management and follow up of the outcomes. The Partnership Management Consultant will be responsible for following activities:
- Partnership management-
- Develop Policy and Advocacy Strategy for each partner through consultation with the respective partners.
- Coordinate with the partners to organise meetings with the policy makers and regulators to implement policy recommendations.
- Maintain regular contact with partners to monitor the progress of policy advocacy with the regulators.
- Procure consultant(s) for partners, if requested and required.
- Develop partnership with new partners.
- Coordinate with Partners for organising events –
- Develop thematic event plan and budget through consultation with the partners.
- Prepare event logistic plan and budget through consultation with partners.
- Organise consultation seminars/workshops/dialogues/meetings jointly with partners.
- Follow up the outcomes of the event.
- Organise roundtable and television talk shows.
- Prepare event reports.
- Develop and publish BFP-B publication materials for events.
- Develop animations based on the key findings of BFP-B policy studies and/or thematic consultation.
- Develop documentary video.
- Upload the news of joint events with the partners in BFP-B website.
- Ensure all printing documents follow BFP-B/DFID communication guidelines.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the Policy Manager and Team Leader.
- Expected Output:
- Partnership Management Consultant will report to BFP-B Policy Manager and provide the following outputs:
- a) Advocacy strategies with each strategic partner to operationalise MoUs incorporating policy change targets, implementation plans, budget, and monitoring frameworks
- b) Quarterly monitoring report on progress against consolidated plans and policy change targets..
- c) Minutes of the meetings with the policy makers and regulators.
- d) Quarterly Status report on implementation of policy recommendations by the regulators, challenges and way forward.
- e) Consultation seminars / workshops / dialogues reports. At least 6 seminars / workshops / dialogues to be organised jointly with partners on different thematic areas.
- f) Report on outcome of television talk-shows and roundtable with newspapers. At least 4 television talk-shows and 2 roundtables with newspapers to be organised.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics / Finance / Business Administration / Development Studies / Public Policy or any other relevant subject. Post graduate degree will be preferable.
- At least 5 year(s)
- At least 5-year proven experience in partnership management and/or policy advocacy.
- Experience working with the financial sector will be preferable.
- Partnership management-
- Strong experience in working with the partners for policy advocacy.
- Experience in developing advocacy strategy through partnership will be preferable.
- Sound knowledge and experience about the key stakeholders in the financial sector of Bangladesh.
- Event management-
- Strong experience in organising seminars/workshops/dialogues/meetings.
- Experience in event plan and budget preparation.
- Experience in organising roundtables jointly with newspapers and organising television talk-show will be preferable.
- Communication material development-
- Experience in managing development of communication materials such as printing, publications, visual documentary, and website management etc.
- Experience in developing animation and video documentary will be preferable.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong communication and negotiations skills.
- Excellent organising and follow up skills.
- Good team work skills.
- Result oriented.
- Language skills: Fluency in English and Bangla.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Online Job Posting
Complete application form
BFP-B offers equal employment opportunity
Application Deadline : Apr 3, 2018
Business Finance for the Poor In BangladeshBusiness : Business Finance for the Poor in Bangladesh (BFP-B) is a five-year programme funded by UKaid / DFID from the UK government.