- Job Location: Country Office, Kabul
Job Description / Responsibility
- Ensure the development and implementation of a flexible and results oriented communications strategy.
- Conduct periodic reviews of procedures, policies, strategies, and frameworks in order to ensure that compliance procedures of Ministry of Education (MoE), BRAC International and donor are accurately followed.
- Identify compliance issues and ensure necessary steps to address those.
- Capture and disseminate knowledge/best practices from the projects/programme on a regular basis.
- Assess projects/programme risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Ensure development of consistent and high quality communications materials, using innovative and proven best practices for a wide range of audiences.
- Conceptualize and organize special events or BRAC Afghanistan inputs to special events, with a view to reaching wider audience; and compile and generate relevant materials.
- As a member of the Learning and Sharing team, to work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure excellence within BRAC Afghanistan’s work is captured, promoted and disseminated.
- Provide regular feed back to BRAC Afghanistan senior management with a view to coordinating communications and compliance initiatives; inform about BRAC Afghanistan activities; and seek advice and support.
- Conceive media strategies and plan/implement those strategies to enhance the positioning of BRAC Afghanistan with the media, ministries, other organizations and donors.
- Contribute to and provide regular advice on BRAC Afghanistan corporate materials, e.g. illustrated Annual Report, video production, etc.
- Willingness to travel to different provinces/Districts in Afghanistan.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
- Establish strong links with his/her counter parts in other ministries.
- Draft and produce press releases, advisories, background information, brochures, media kits and success stories to inform media, line ministries, donors and others.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Master degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relation, Sociology or any relevant subject in the field of social science.
- At least 5 year(s)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and spoken fluency in English.
- Ability to take necessary action/work under pressure.
- Effective time management skills and ability to complete assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
Online Job Posting
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 17/18 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Application Deadline : Apr 30, 2018
BRAC InternationalBusiness : BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world?s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002through the Stichting BRAC International, which is registered in the Netherlands. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities? own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world?s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In January 2017, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the second consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.