Action Contre la Faim (ACF)
- The position is responsible for the field level implementation of the “Piloting of new model and innovative approaches for strengthening resilience of the most vulnerable people in South-west Bangladesh” project in Satkhira and Barguna.
- The purpose of the position is to carry out the trial of the new model for next waterlogging season and to continue the ongoing follow-up and supervision of the VSLA (village savings and loan association) approach and MLS (multiple livelihoods strategy) approach to ensure sustainability to enhance waterlogging resilience of the affected population.
- The SPO will assist and monitor the PNGO team (3 Field Supervisors) in all aspects of implementation, monitoring and reporting. The position is expected to provide technical and capacity building support, follow up and technical support to the PNGO in assigned area through applied research and control farmer selection, research trail set up, survey, training, communication with Khulna University Research Team and documentation of project activities.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Objective 1: Piloting applied research on land and water based alternative farming practices through variedly elevated homestead approach to cope with waterlogging in Satkhira and Barguna.
- • Prepare a Plan of Action for implementation of the research activities
- • Identification of suitable 30 households willing to take part in the applied research activities and identification of similar household as control
- • Support the researcher of Khulna University to conduct applied research on alternative farming practices with the selected project beneficiaries.
- • Organizing selected applied research households for research trial, technical designing of the research households
- • Setting up the research trial (convert research homestead according to the outline of variedly elevated homestead)
- • Define an integrated agro-based production package applicable in the variedly elevated homesteads and feasible for waterlogging context to enhance homestead based production through optimum use of resource
- • Implement the recommended suitable farming practices/ alternative techniques
- • Arranging training and exposure visit
- • Distribution of livelihoods cash grant
- • Collection both qualitative and quantitative data
- • Monitoring
- – Coordinate the filed activities and provide technical support to the local partner’s staff in the field.
- – Liaison with government service providers and facilitate the partnership with the local partner at union level.
- Objective 2: Facilitate VSLA and vulnerable water-logging affected beneficiaries’ households adopted multiple livelihoods strategies for increased production and income
- • Support PNGO staffs to select 100 MLS beneficiaries from the ECHO supported Enhance Resilience project ended on 31 December 2017
- • Support PNGOs to organize the project beneficiaries
- • Facilitate beneficiaries for implement business plan based on Multiple Livelihood Strategy (MLS) for alternative and adaptive livelihoods options.
- • Support PNGO staffs to facilitate VSLA formed by select marginal and small farmer
- • Supports PNGO to organize and facilitate training and technical assistance to the beneficiaries for implementation of adaptive livelihoods options
- • Assist PNGO to introduce of “Nutritious Food Card” and linking it with homestead based food production
- • Maintain a close collaboration with government departments and link the beneficiaries with them (DAE, DoF, DLS, Social Welfare, etc.)
- • Advocacy with private sector and establish functional linkage with self-help groups like finance institution, input traders, market actors etc.
- Objective 3: Regular field monitoring, data collection, capacity building of PNGO staffs, reporting & documentation of project activities
- • Participate in data collection and monitoring survey
- • Regular monitoring and follow-up the project’s progress
- • Document qualitative information from the field and provide all information to the Khulna University research team and FSL HoD and DHoD for analysis and reporting.
- • Represent ACF in different meetings with authorities, partner and other coordination meetings at the field level
- • Prepare monthly report (APR), monthly market monitoring, monthly and quarterly local authority report, and other programmatic reports as necessary for the HoD/DHoD.
- • Provide day to day suggestions to the PNGO staffs to improve the quality of project activities
- • File FSL related documents and all the necessary project documents in a organize way
- Objective 4 : Participate and execute emergency response and any specific assignment assigned by the ACF management.
- • Assist Disaster Management Committees & community groups for effective & timely early warning dissemination & support for evacuation
- • Assist HoD and DHoD to develop situation report in emergency period
- • Participate in coordinated/joint need assessment, food security assessment and survey as needed
- • Assist emergency assistance after any kind of disaster if occurred
- • Participate any specific assignment or work at any working area assigned by Management
- Masters Degree in Agricultural Science or Post graduation on Food Security,
- Proven experience with NGO in Food Security, Livelihoods, Humanitarian or related field : at least 1 years
- Proven professional experience in agricultural research and familiar with PRA, assessment and survey
- At least 1 year(s)
- Good knowledge on rural livelihoods, good knowledge on research methodology, familiar with PRA tools & techniques, organizing & conducting FGD, KII, IGD and household interview, monitoring the data collection process, computer knowledge (word, excel), training & facilitation skills, ability to communicate effectively in English (verbally and writing), autonomy and flexibility.
- Tk. 49868
- As per organization policy.
Online Job Posting
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Mar 27, 2018
Action Contre la Faim (ACF)Address : Orin Tower, House # 23, Road # 113/A, Gulshan – 2, Dhaka 1212Web : www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Business : Action Contre la Faim /Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian non-Governmental, non-political, neutral and non-profit international organisation (INGO) that was established in France in 1979 to deliver aid in countries throughout the world. The aim of Action Against Hunger is to save lives by combating Hunger and Disasters that threaten the Lives of vulnerable Children, Women & Men. Since 2007, Action Against Hunger has been providing assistance to vulnerable populations in Bangladesh in the arena of Nutrition & Health, Mental Health & Care Practices (MHCP), Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL & DRR), and Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WaSH).