Action Contre la Faim (ACF)
Assistant Project Officer-Mental Health
- 1) GENERAL ASSIGNMENT
- Responsible for the implementation and conduction of the activities related to Care Practices.
- Objective 1 : Implementation and provision of Mental Health & Care Practices support:
- Ensure adequate welcoming of beneficiaries to the centres;
- Ensure beneficiaries’ registration and assessment in care practices activities;
- Develop intervention plan, implement and follow care practices activities (psychosocial interviews and follow-up, group discussions, play sessions etc.);
- Follow and provide further support to beneficiaries through home visits and at family level.
- Conduct psychosocial and care practices activities (e.g. group discussion, training etc.) at community level
- Conduct interviews based on respect and empathy to listen to and support children and accompanying persons in difficulty ;
- Detect the cases in difficulties and refer them to the necessary people or services;
- Participate in the capacity building activities on MHCP.
- Ensure accurate numerical and quality narrative report of the activities
- Participate in other activities of MHCP assigned by the supervisor and relevant to the position.
- Objective 2: Favour the mother – child relationship and support to promote child development :
- Activities :
- Observe and intervene in order to understand the part Care practices plays in the causes of malnutrition and the barriers to a good acceptance of the treatment ;
- Organize and animate sessions for mother – child dyads in difficulty (e.g. psychosocial stimulation through play, massage, bathing, etc.);Produce educational and alertness support media for children (individual or collective inside and outdoor games, drawings, songs, dances, plays, gymnastics, toy making, etc.);
- Make sure no child is left alone, regardless of her/his status (unaccompanied, accompanying person, beneficiary) ;
- Make toys and games available that are clean and in good condition;
- Favour the child’ psychomotor growth.
- Objective 3 : Participate with the entire team in providing good quality global care :
- Activities :
- Exchange views with the centre and field staffs on the cases treated ;
- Propose improvements in the treatment and care of beneficiaries;
- Sensitize the staff about empathy;
- Participate in team meetings ;
- Participate in collecting and entering data and their analysis.
- Objective 4 : Participate in research and studies :
- Activities :
- Collect the data needed for the research ;
- Analyse or assist to analyse the data ;
- assist to write reports by providing necessary information ;
- Write recommendations for the project’s orientation.
- Objective 5: Management and Capacity building of volunteers and focal points from the target communities:
- Supervision of volunteers and focal points (activities and attendance);
- Coaching of volunteers and focal points on care practices and the animation of activities;
- Motivation of focal points to take part in the prevention program.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- At most 1 year(s)
- Sense of confidentiality – Empathy – Knowledge of child development – Good communication and adaptation aptitudes – In-depth knowledge of the beneficiary population’s culture – Excellent knowledge of English and local languages.
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf, Ukhia)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per ACF policy.
Online Job Posting
Action Contre la Faim (ACF)Address : Orin Tower, House # 23, Road # 113/A, Gulshan – 2, Dhaka 1212Web : www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Business : Action Contre la Faim /Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian non-Governmental, non-political, neutral and non-profit international organisation (INGO) that was established in France in 1979 to deliver aid in countries throughout the world. The aim of Action Against Hunger is to save lives by combating Hunger and Disasters that threaten the Lives of vulnerable Children, Women & Men. Since 2007, Action Against Hunger has been providing assistance to vulnerable populations in Bangladesh in the arena of Nutrition & Health, Mental Health & Care Practices (MHCP), Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL & DRR), and Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WaSH)